The Growlery

"Sit down, my dear," said Mr. Jarndyce. "This, you must know, is the Growlery.
When I am out of humour, I come and growl here."

Charles Dickens, Bleak House, Chapter VIII

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Arrival
















Well, I made it here safely and uneventfully. It's Sunday here, so we left for church shortly after I arrived and then went out to eat (Ethiopian food) with some other SIM people. I am very tired out and also suffering a bit from the altitude but getting food in me seemed to help. Right now Mindy is picking up the remains of all the goodies I brought them and all three kids are quietly reading the books that I picked out for them. I am in high demand to read to the kiddos so won't make this too long. Earlier I helped put together the Playmobile from their grandma that I had carried here. Everything was very exclaimed over but probably the Jello pudding was the universal favorite! My room is lovely and I can't wait to go to bed.



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Elissa,
I can just imagine the Christmas Day-like excitement when the family opened the container that you brought for them. What great fun to see what wonderful things had arrived for them from loved ones back home! And how satisfied you must have felt to have been the courier to bring these treasures to them!

mom

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home