The Growlery

"Sit down, my dear," said Mr. Jarndyce. "This, you must know, is the Growlery.
When I am out of humour, I come and growl here."

Charles Dickens, Bleak House, Chapter VIII

Thursday, January 17, 2008

A California Christmas


We had a lovely Christmas. Numerous walks to the beach, carol singing, gingerbread house-making, and all manner of other traditional Rodkey activities. Of course, after snowy Toronto, I particularly appreciated the California sunshine.





Adelle sings the Messiah, I watch Erik carve the roast something or other, and Dad and Adelle play and sing for Christine.

Silvia, Cody and I go on a horseback ride. We could see the ocean from the mountain we rode up!








Christmas Eve Gingerbread (really Graham cracker) house building--a long and glorious tradition! This year Krista and I made an English cottage, complete with topiaries and a folly.











A rainy day walk to the beach with Cody.









On New Year's Eve we all congregated at Anne's house for a rousing game of Scrabble.


There's nothing quite like being home!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home